Friday, October 15, 2010

Job Interview: Funny Questions

So I've been applying for a bunch of programming jobs during the past month, and have been on a few interviews so far.  I've got my big one coming up next week (At Google Manhattan!), so I've been preparing pretty hard for that.  Today, I went to take a logic assessment for another company on Long Island.  The test gave me a made-up programming language, and asked me questions about its syntax and semantics.  I won't go into too many details, since I don't want to give out specifics about the company's test, but one of the questions on string concatenation was something like this:

If GOD="HOLY" and GHOST="WATER", how can we get "HOLY WATER"?

And as I'm taking the test, all kinds of smart-ass remarks are pouring into my brain about where to get holy water.  Of course, I'm in a room with the HR rep and two other candidates, so I tried my best to keep the snickering to a minimum.  Luckily the test wasn't too hard, and I just got a call back for the final interview next week :-).

They don't suspect a thing... MWAH HA HA!
blog comments powered by Disqus