Friday, June 25, 2010

Zero Punctuation Reviews Dante's Inferno

I recently discovered Zero Punctuation, a video game review done by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (who also writes a blog called Fully Ramblomatic) for The Escapist.  It's called Zero Punctuation, I believe, because in his videos, Yahtzee talks at an incredibly fast pace for five minutes, seemingly without taking a breath, all the while mercilessly criticizing the game he's decided to review through a series of funny and often scatological metaphors.  I'm not much of a gamer anymore; I haven't had much free time since selling my soul to the PhD committee at Northeastern, but the reviews are funny enough on their own.

I was watching a few of his older reviews, and I came across one for Dante's Inferno.  I had heard about the game through some of the atheist blogs I read, so I wanted to know if it was any good at all.  Turns out it was mostly shit (although Yahtzee is generally critical of everything that isn't Saints Row 2, so I'm not sure how bad it really is).  Though I don't know how many of you are gamers, the first 45 seconds or so is a rapid fire takedown of the God of the Old Testament.  It's like a NonStampCollector video on crank.  I thought you all would enjoy it:





I also love the joke at 4:00 (I know, I'm a man child).

You should check out some of his other reviews as well. Although mostly about video games, he's not afraid to make fun of Jesus, The Pope, and homeopathy, just to name a few subjects I've seen his berate thus far.

EDIT:  Here's a link to the video in case the embedded one won't show up for you.
blog comments powered by Disqus