Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pope lays out threats facing the world today

Take a guess at what they are...

If you guessed abortion and gay marriage, you are right!  And if you agree with him, your completely wrong.

I especially love the way the article put it:

Pope Benedict XVI on Thursday called abortion and same-sex marriage some of the most "insidious and dangerous" threats facing the world today, asserting key church teachings as he tried to move beyond the clerical abuse scandal.

There it is.  Abortion and same-sex marriage is the problem, says the man who protects child rapists!

And then there's the pictures which accompany the article:

Oh god, what is that person doing?!  Get that kid away from him!!


OH MY GOD!!!


OK, I'm being a bit facetious.  But knowing what I know about the church, I can't help but be disturbed by this.  Who in their right mind can still consider this Pope someone that should be trusted, let alone respected?  

I've asked questions like this before.  Are there any Catholics reading my blog at all?  I'm honestly curious to here from you.  
blog comments powered by Disqus