Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Congrats to Jen (aka BlagHag)

So I've been working like mad on two papers that are due in a few days, as well as finishing all my grading for my course that just finished yesterday.  Hence, I haven't posted much of anything these past two weeks, other than a few funny cartoons and videos I've found.  So I didn't post anything here about Boobquake as it was happening.

Of course, if you didn't know about boobquake already, where the hell have you been?  It became a surprise media firestorm.  It even made it on The Colbert Report!  Jen recently posted the results, and as expected, there was no significant change in the number or severity of earthquakes.  No surprises, of course.

Now that my work has quieted down a bit, I wanted to congratulate Jen on such a successful campaign for skepticism and science.  Using mockery can be dangerous, especially when mocking a religious belief, but she executed it perfectly.  She kept it about being inquisitive and skeptical, and relying on science, rather than accepting what someone else has to say.  People exposed to this event are now know a little bit more about skepticism than they did before, and that's a great thing.  So congrats Jen, and keep up the great work that you do!
blog comments powered by Disqus